[pmmail-list] New beta and memory leak in OS/2?

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:17:11 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 09:01:18 -0400, brandonk@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
wrote:

>Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:52:10 +0200 (CEST)
>From: "Frank Winkler @home" <Frank.Winkler@consol.de>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] New beta and memory leak
>
>On Sat, 31 May 2003 08:33:08 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:
>
> >>Could this be relevant to the OS/2 program as well? Now that I have a cable
> >>connection, I am leaving PMMail running far longer than 8before, along with
> >>NS4.61 [to which it has a link for URLs of course]. I use RMB popups all
> >>the time, and I notice that after an hour or two, my swap file has expanded
> >>quite a lot.
> >
> >Don't think so - I am running 2.10.2010 24*7 for weeks on end and
>
>So do I ...

Hmmm, I am running 2382

> >don't see a swap problem.
>
>... but I can confirm that the memory being used by PMMail constantly grows. I
>wasn't able to track this down to the actual reason but I don't think it's
>related to the popup stuff too much cause there are only very few RMB popups
>in my case. But maybe there is a connection to the trash folder which is
>getting filled up and its index being maintained in memory.
>After about two weeks of uninterrupted operation I have to stop and relaunch
>PMMail to get my OS back to life. This normally brings about 50 MB of virtual
>memory.

Now you have me confused again! <G>

I lose about 100Mb of swapper (ie. that much less space is unused as per
system resource monitor) within 3-4 hours.  So like you I stop and restart
PMMail and NS.

This doesn't compare with your experience, so I can still suspect NS4.61,
can't I?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG