[pmmail-list] New beta and memory leak in OS/2?

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany - Sun Services pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:19:22 +0200 (MEST)

 >> >Don't think so - I am running 2.10.2010 24*7 for weeks on end and
 >>
 >>So do I ...
 >
 >Hmmm, I am running 2382

I'm still on 2010 because it was the last version which wants to come up on
my system. Looking forward to eCS 1.1 on the new box.

 >>PMMail to get my OS back to life. This normally brings about 50 MB of
 >>virtual memory.

Replace this by "50-70 MB". But the point is that I was talking about my
ancient machine with just 64 MB of RAM so that the mentioned amount is kind
of a factor, compared to your 100 MB ;) ...

 >Now you have me confused again! <G>
 >
 >I lose about 100Mb of swapper (ie. that much less space is unused as per
 >system resource monitor) within 3-4 hours.  So like you I stop and
 >restart PMMail and NS.
 >
 >This doesn't compare with your experience, so I can still suspect NS4.61,
 >can't I?

I also discovered memory problem when I was sill using NS 4.61 and also do
with Mozilla. I wonder if there's really that amount of badly coded
applications or if we maybe have a problem in the memory management of the
OS? :(

In my case, the ordered list of main memory eaters is:
1. PMINews
2. Mozilla / Netscape
3. PMMail
(but this roughly equals the list of top-used applications)

Regards

Frank Winkler                                 frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                       Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                           Fax +49 89 46008.2740