[pmmail-list] PMMail2K - Nested folders rearranged after crash - how correct?

Maurice Guéron pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:09:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hello  Hazen,
I haven't had this pro blem, so I can only make bland suggestions. First of course
make a copy of the entire folder tree for safety. Second try re-indexing the folders.
Mybe starting as far away from the root.

Another approach suggested by Stan Sidlov:
=======================
On Sat, 17 May 2003 00:09:56 +0100 (BST), Kevin Burton wrote:

>I just had my system hang up on me. When I rebooted I seem to have lost
>about a years worth of emails from my inbox. Cant re-index for some
>reason. Pmmail drops out/closes on it's own.
>
>Anyone had similar problems.

Yes. The only way to handle it is to rename/delete the *.bag file in each affected
*.FLD folder and then rebuild the index which should happen
automatically when you try to open the folder from the interface.
========================
HTH
mg

|- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
|To POST to the list, send your message to:
|pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

|with the first line of the message body being...

Maurice GUERON, BIOP/PMC, Ecole polytechnique, 91128 Palaiseau, France
phone: (33/0) 169 334 174	fax: (33/0) 169 333 004
e-mail: mg@pmc.polytechnique.fr
In case of problems only, use : gueron@idf.ext.jussieu.fr