[pmmail-list] Incomplete email downloads

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 22:28:34 -0400

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:10:56 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, speaking about incomplete downloads, first, is anybody using pm
>mail version 2717 with Norton 2001?  The reason why I ask is because,
>in past versions of pm mail, when I would get prompted regarding a
>virus, I always would get knocked off the smtp server, so had to set
>Norton to automatically delete the offending attachment, and wonder if
>this has been addressed in this current version of pm mail, or, is this
>a problem with Norton definitions causing this, and if so, is there a
>way to correct this, because, it would be benificial to know, when I
>get a virus message, what type it is before I delete it.

Marty,

  I had that problem with 2001 Norton AV too, it was annoying whenever
a spam message came in.

  I no longer have that problem with Norton AV 2002, it invariably
can't quarantine the message and I have to delete it, but at least I
have the chance to get all the pertinent info (i.e. the originating
address, spoofed usually) before its deleted.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com