[pmmail-list] Incomplete email downloads

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:10:56 -0700

Hi, speaking about incomplete downloads, first, is anybody using pm
mail version 2717 with Norton 2001?  The reason why I ask is because,
in past versions of pm mail, when I would get prompted regarding a
virus, I always would get knocked off the smtp server, so had to set
Norton to automatically delete the offending attachment, and wonder if
this has been addressed in this current version of pm mail, or, is this
a problem with Norton definitions causing this, and if so, is there a
way to correct this, because, it would be benificial to know, when I
get a virus message, what type it is before I delete it.  On Mon, 09
Jun 2003 11:48:30 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:23:51 -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>
>>  Apparently when PMMail "deletes" an email from the server this does not physically take place
>>  until the entire run for the account completes sucessfully but I don't know if this behavior is from
>>  PMMail or RoadRunner.
>
>This behaviour is specified by the POP3 standard.  It has been
>suggested that PMMail be modified to download only a certain number
>of messages before logging off the server and on again, but this is
>not done at present (nor by any client I know of).  Remote control is
>the only helpful option until you can find out why the connections
>are failing in the first place.
>
>Paul Hodges
>QBS Software Ltd
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Marty