[pmmail-list] Incomplete email downloads

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:48:30 +0100

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 05:23:51 -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:

>  Apparently when PMMail "deletes" an email from the server this does not physically take place
>  until the entire run for the account completes sucessfully but I don't know if this behavior is from
>  PMMail or RoadRunner.

This behaviour is specified by the POP3 standard.  It has been
suggested that PMMail be modified to download only a certain number
of messages before logging off the server and on again, but this is
not done at present (nor by any client I know of).  Remote control is
the only helpful option until you can find out why the connections
are failing in the first place.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd