[pmmail-list] PMMail/2+4OS2+PGP2.62

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: 17 Jun 2003 10:38:58 -0600
>From: Marc.Lewis@net396.fidonet.org (Marc Lewis)

>Well I've come to a discovery/conclusion.  PMMail/2+PGP2.62 is
>apparently incompatible with the 4OS2 v3.02b command processor.  I've
>been using my PMMail/2 successfully with PGP2.62 for a good while now.
>I decided to install my registered copy of 4OS2 as my principal
>command processor and -*poof*- no more PGP.  PMMail/2 doesn't even
>know its there, in spite of it being in the path.  No security menus,
>no nothing...

>Has anyone else run into this?  Did you find a work-around?

  I use all three together and there's no problem.  My OS is
  eComStation 1.1 (the OEM version of OS/2 MCP 2).

  Millard's suggestion of keeping CMD.EXE as the default command
  processor is technically correct but unusable here because so many
  of my batch files called by applications need the 4OS2 command set.

  The problem may be that you are not using the latest versions of
  4OS2 and PGP.

  The latest version of 4OS2 is 3.04A and the good news (sort of) is
  that it's open source, free download.  The bad news is that Rex Conn
  (the author of the program and the new owner of JP Soft) will not be
  issuing any later versions.

  The latest version of PGP for OS/2 is 5.0 GA.  This, too, is a free
  download.

  And the latest version (or at least the latest one that I use) of
  PMMail/2 is 2.20.2381.

--
   Phil Kane

   From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest