[pmmail-list] Problem sending mail

Xav pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:22:12 +0100

Hello,

Win2k, PMMail (latest).

I moved a friend's installation to a new hard drive.   Then, although
she could receive, she could not send.  It hung on "waiting for server
acceptance" before generating a "socket error". The internet conncetion
was fine and the mail server could be pinged.    Creating new accounts
and transferring the messages there seemed to work BUT trying to send
some new messages to addressees failed (although sending to my address
worked).   I expect another howl of anguish from her tomorrow :-((

Any idea as to the cause and/or solution.   I remember reading a few
messages early last year about a problem like this, but couldn't
remember or find any solution.

Regards,

Xav.