[pmmail-list] Problem sending mail

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:50:18 -0400

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:22:12 +0100, Xav wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Win2k, PMMail (latest).
>
>I moved a friend's installation to a new hard drive.   Then, although
>she could receive, she could not send.  It hung on "waiting for server
>acceptance" before generating a "socket error". The internet conncetion
>was fine and the mail server could be pinged.    Creating new accounts
>and transferring the messages there seemed to work BUT trying to send
>some new messages to addressees failed (although sending to my address
>worked).   I expect another howl of anguish from her tomorrow :-((
>
>Any idea as to the cause and/or solution.   I remember reading a few
>messages early last year about a problem like this, but couldn't
>remember or find any solution.

You didn't mention whether she has DSL with PPPoE, but if she does, then the
MTU on her PC may have changed for some reason. Use this utility to fix the
MaxMTU.

http://www.dslreports.com/front/drtcp.html

I'm assuming when you say "hard drive" that you really mean "hard drive" and
not a whole new system unit. In that case, all kinds of settings could have
changed in the move to the new hardware.