[pmmail-list] [real] PMMail .2717 hangs computer

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:49:06 -0500

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:28:37 -0500, Kari Suomela wrote:

>>Tuesday June 24 2003 07:51, Hazen Woods wrote to BSW's "official
>>pmmail-list":
>>

>> HW> Now I hate to do this because of the tendency to shift blame, but
>> HW> this
>> HW> has also come on the heels of an ill-fated effort to load Norton
>> HW> SYstemWorks Pro 2003 on my system, which is Win2000 Pro.
>>
>>System hang is caused by the memory leak in previous versions of
>>PMMail.
>>Uninstall PMMail. Reinstall Norton correctly and then reinstall PMMail.

Thanks to Robert, Sorin and Kari for your replies.  Taking Kari's
suggestion, I found more than one instance of pmmailw.exe on the
system.  Vague recollection that I installed both Pro and Std when I
first loaded Windows and, obviously didn't get it all removed.
Hopefully it is better now. We will see if more stable at this point.
Kari, I may wait a while before reinstalling SystemWorks.   For one
reason it destabilized my computer.  For another their web pages
indicate at one place that SystemWorks 2003 Pro is NOT compatible with
Win2K Pro.  I need to check with Norton to see what they say about
that.
Again thanks, to you all.

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA