[pmmail-list] Bcc was in Digest (02/28/2003 09:01) (#2003-460)

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 11:47:00 +1100 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:01:43 -0500, brandonk@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
wrote:

Hi Gerhard

>Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:35:26 +0100
>From: "Hahn Gerhard" <roostermail@chello.at>
>Subject: bcc Information missing
>
>A problem raised, when a friend of mine told me, that he gets absolutely no information in the emailheader, when he
>receives email as 'bcc'.
>
>Investigations showed me, that eg. gmx(Webportal) or Lotus Notes(>"cc: (bcc: Wnnnnn
>Hnnnnnnn/Austria/Firma)") provide 'bcc' information for each 'bcc'.

Are you saying there is no header info at all?

>So incoming mail should have:
>> 	from: dddd@aaa.at
>> 	to:     eeee@aaa.at
>>     	bcc:  derda@durt.at
>
>This should be provided, because there are a lot of people outside, who administer several mail accounts, several
>aliases with one MUA.

Or are you saying there is no "Bcc:" line?

Logically since "Bcc:"means "BLIND courtesy copy" noone should be able to
see to whom it has been sent in the BCC list.

>And without headerinformation, they are not able to set logical/working filters.

Surely there must be sufficient header info to meet the RFC specs (such as
they be<g>)

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG