[pmmail-list] BCC was Digest (03/01/2003 09:01) (#2003-461)

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 06:42:46 +0000

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:13:36 +1300, Richard Grevers wrote:

>  So unless this is covered by some RFC,

RFC2822 (updates RFC822)

>  we need to take expected behaviour as the norm, and hence
>  any client which reveals ALL Bcc recipients is breaching common
>  expectations.

The RFC describes a number of contradictory interpretations, and does
not choose between them because there is no consensus.  So the client
is free to choose.

>  If PMMail currently shows none, that is the best solution in the
>  meantime.

I agree.  And ISTR the decision came after discussion on an earlier
PMMail mailing list many years ago.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd