[pmmail-list] Security issue or just a bug??

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:50:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:57:08 +0100 (CET), Massimo @ eComStation.it wrote:

>this email:
>
>make Pmmail/2 v. 2.20.2300 to crash with this trap:
>
>03-02-2003  20:50:15  SYS3175  PID 0057  TID 0004  Slot 006c
>D:\INTERNET\PMMAIL\PMMAIL.EXE

FYI, I get 2-3 msgs/day that cause the latest version of PMMail/2 to
crash with a SYS3175.  I've sent a half dozen of them at various times
(first to "PMMail OS/2 Support", and most lately to "PMMail 2000
Support").   The (very few) versions of PMMail/2 released since I
last sent those have not cured this problem.
   (BTW, it's very likely that they'll not be able to do much with the
   messsage you sent, as the ones I've grabbed have usually included
   an encoded HTML segment which won't show up when you "include"
   the message as you've done.  You need to "attach" it...)

I've configured PMMail/2 to now startup without querying the ISP
on startup.  I then immediately go to "Remote Control" and delete
obviously SPAM messages off the server before continuing.

If I were only to pick one bug to get fixed very, very soon it would
be this one.....