[pmmail-list] One last try: Run-together lines.

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:42:58 -0600

On 20 Mar 2003 13:37:52 -0600, Marc Lewis wrote:

> ML> The last Windows beta I downloaded a few months back had a
> ML> serious problem with removing all line breaks in outbound
> ML> messages. (When using an external editor.)  Email to tech

I'm using 2.20.2661 and while I use the internal editor primarily, I
can switch to the external editor with ALT-X (which I just did).

If I hit enter where I want the line to wrap in the editor, it
doesn't seem to get stripped out and seems to work fine.  What
editor were you trying to use?  Are you sure it is inserting CR/LF
where you think it is? --- This paragraph was edited in an external
editor and was 5 lines long - this line starts with the word editor.

I use Multi-Edit as my external editor primarily so I can use it "fix"
lines that were wrapped weird by other e-mail clients.  Pmmail works
exactly like I would expect it to - it auto wraps long lines (with
Reflow At Send turned on) and doesn't mess with the lines I manually
wrap in the external editor.