[pmmail-list] Missing Message-ID

Norbert Schmidt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:14:06 +0100

Hello Simon,

>>I use a perl script as a presend filter that generates such a message
>>ID and puts it in.
>Not a bad idea. Maybe you could let BPS know, and they might make it
>available on their web-pages? Although execing a perl script for every
>message, simply to generate a fairly trivial id seems a bit overkill
>to me).

well, I really like Perl. It's ideal for fiddling with text files.
Executing may be overkillish, but writing is fast and easy ... ;-)

And then the script also checks the recepient and special lines at the
beginning of the body and patches the "From:", "Reply-To:" and other
headers. Just like for this mail. (Have a look at the headers ...)

Regards,
Norbert