[pmmail-list] Missing Message-ID

Fred J. Tydeman pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Mar 03 08:21:42 -0800

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:34:29 +0000 (GMT), Simon Bowring wrote:

>I have no idea why a server or client etc would be set up
>bounce an email that didn't contain a message-id either!
>You should ask who/what requires the message-id and why
>they're bouncing messages that don't have one! Seems a bit
>pointless to me (but they *may* have a good reason!).

He told me because most spam does not have message-id,
and it is part of his fight agaist spam.

>Also, are you confindent your friend is right in saying
>that the missing message id is the reason it was bounced?
>Generally a bounced message comes with information telling
>you why it was bounced (user unknown, mailbox full etc etc).

Yes.  He is a one person company with his own domain and
is a better than average network person.  He administers
his own machine.

>You probably should upgrade btw!

Why?  What features am I missing?  Also, my understanding
is support for PMMail on OS/2 went away.
---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman@tybor.com      Programming, testing, numerics
+1 (775) 287-5904      Vice-chair of J11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: ftp://jump.net/pub/tybor/
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.