[pmmail-list] how can I avoid virus'es in the future?

Günter Minnerup pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 17:33:12 +1000

On Monday, May 5, 2003, 5:19:39 PM, Sorin Srbu wrote:

> Set the Enable Mail Scan in NAV2k1. Should solve your problem. Be
> sure to set NAV to scan both incoming and outgoing. If you have
> business-contacts, you DO NOT want to to accidentally infect them
> with a virus. If nothing else you loose prestige and face, which is
> probably not a good indicator on your business... 8-)

How exactly would text-based email transmit any viruses?
Should be enough to scan any executives you plan to send as
attachments. In fact, with regular scanning of your hard drives there
should be no need to scan outgoing email at all.

Regards,
Günter

Günter Minnerup
Visiting Fellow
Centre for European Studies/School of History
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052
Tel. (+61 2) 9385 1363 (work)
Tel. (+61 2) 9398 3646 (home)