[pmmail-list] how can I avoid virus'es in the future?

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 10:36:18 +0200

On Mon, 5 May 2003 17:33:12 +1000, Günter Minnerup wrote:

>> Set the Enable Mail Scan in NAV2k1. Should solve your problem. Be
>> sure to set NAV to scan both incoming and outgoing. If you have
>> business-contacts, you DO NOT want to to accidentally infect them
>> with a virus. If nothing else you loose prestige and face, which is
>> probably not a good indicator on your business... 8-)
>
>How exactly would text-based email transmit any viruses?

He asked, I responded. AFAIK, the guy said he used Pmm as the
mailer. Pmm *is* able to transmit virii. What text-based mailer are
you referring to?

>Should be enough to scan any executives you plan to send as
>attachments. In fact, with regular scanning of your hard drives there
>should be no need to scan outgoing email at all.

If I were you, I wouldn't trust a, say weekly scan of your
harddrives, to find any virus that has been recieved during the
week. When it comes to virii you don't want to take any chances. At
least I don't...

HTH.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer		Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,		Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,			Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden		Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.