[pmmail-list] Pendatic but Wrong!

Norbert Schmidt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 14:11:17 +0200

Hello fellow nitpickers,

>>Also wrong IMO. Both words exist, whereby the male "virus" is what we're
>>talking about here and the neutral "virus" is the alien thing that causes
>>serious diseases :( ...
>huh? you're sure about that? well, maybe i'm simply wrong with my assumption, but what you say i'm hearing for the 1st time ;) .... that's about "some do it
>wrong" (me) :D

well the official authority (the Duden) says that the neutered virus
(;->) has the correkt gender when used in technical terms, but that the
male virus is common and also correkt outside of techno babble. I
guess, they mean the medical version of technical terms, but they
aren't specific about it.

So I'd say the correkt gender in any technical terms is neutral.

By the way (why the bay?): I think here are some who might have fun in
the german news group "Maus.Kultur.Oberlehrer" brought to you by
MausNet. ;-)
Now playing on selected news servers. ;-))

Regards,
Norbert