[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Maynard Riley pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 16:05:48 -0500 (CDT)

Jeff,

>For years I have been happily chugging along with 1.96a.   What
>changes exist in the current revision that I am [apparently not]
>missing

The biggest, and most recent demonstration of product support, is the
ability to send via SMTP AUTH. It would be quite reasonsable to expect
all mail hosts to require AUTH as soon as yesterday, and it only works
properly in very latest PMMail/2 version.

The next thing might be, or become, PGP; which I've never tried to set
up, but which really ought to become the default installation for all
email; not just to privatize message body, but to verify message
sender.

Both the above steps are qualified candidates in a regimen to remove
spam from the net.

The upgrade is painless; there's really no reason which I can think of
to avoid doing it.

-- Maynard