[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Stan Sidlov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 17:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 08 May 2003 13:26:49 +0700, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>what would one put in a new rev and what would that
>do for one?  [Since the RFCs governing SMTP and POP haven't
>changed, I can't visualize what a new mail client would add.]

There are a couple new protocols for authenticated mail retrieval that need to be supported that are important for some corporate and MS servers.
There are outstanding bugs that need to be addressed the main one being PMMail's inability to correctly filter when there is more than one
name/email in the To field. Another is the mystery email or very long subject line that causes PMMail to crash, and so on.  Emails that have no body
whatsoever in PMMail (but have nice HTML when retrieved by another viewer). Improved integration with Netscape/Mozilla when you have not
started them by using the turbo mode. Do I need to go on?