[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 06:32:03 +0200 (MES)

On Thu, 08 May 2003 21:39:25 +0700, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>   The only possible
> workaround for those enamored of it is to pass the file (and
> the risk of trojans, viruses etc) to the browser of choice.

   This is a _bad_ idea, for two reasons:

1. the ones you mention, i.e. because the "browser of choice" would
honor all those external links including webbugs in the HTML code;

2. because a regular browser is not able to follow the _internal_ links
in a multi-part HTML messages which refer not to HTTP external links,
but to CIDs i.e. Content-IDs of other parts of a MIME message which is
declared as multipart/related.

   I want PMMail to have

a) better handling of MIME multipart structures
b) an HTML renderer (not browser) also on OS/2 which does at least the
rendering job as the Windows version of PMMail.

   But, please, we have had this debate so many times on the list ...

Yours,
Lüko Willms