[pmmail-list] The rat's leaving the ship...

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 09:27:27 +0100

On Fri, 09 May 2003 06:33:07 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>  > significant amount of non-English mail is now encoded using Unicode,
>     I very much doubt that.
>     Any statistical proofs?

No, but it's between 2% and 5% of my mail I think.  I could do an
analysis of my company's last 25,000 messages later today if I get a
moment.

But as an example of what's happening, the mail client (Turnpike)
built and supplied by the large English (and Dutch) ISP, Demon, and
so in moderately widespread use, defaults to using Unicode - so all
my mail from my son has funny extra characters displayed by PMMail
(he uses a lot of European characters by the nature of his
livelihood).  UTF-8 Unicode is here now and will only increase.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd