[pmmail-list] eMail usage of Unicode UTF-x encoding (was: The rat's leaving the ship...)

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 13:52:08 +0200 (MES)

On Fri, 09 May 2003 09:27:27 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

> No, but it's between 2% and 5% of my mail I think.

  Well, that is not huge, but sure you may say "significant".

>   UTF-8 Unicode is here now and will only increase.

  That is certainly sure. I just see on the WG-CHARSET mailing list they
still do interoperability tests for UTF-8.

  I have seen in my PMMail database also a number of 'CHARSET="UTF',
mainly from AOL and Compuserve users, but also some Outlook and Outlook
Express users.

Yours,
Lüko Willms