[pmmail-list] Re Export Address Book script?

Treasure Mountain pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:01:28 -0600

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:41:48 -0600, Treasure Mountain wrote:

>>Can anyone tell me how to export individual address books from PMMail
>>to The Bat?  As far as I can tell, the comma delimited export file
>>doesn't indicate which address book the address comes from--just
>>gives them all to you in one unsorted list.

To which Dave Saville kindly replied:

dbc> Try this

dbc> /*  read pmmail address books and extract a book */

dbc> books = 'D:\Apps\SouthSide\Tools\books.db' /* adjust path */

dbc> do forever

* * *
dbc>     if (pos("@", email) <> 0 & book_number = extract ) then do
dbc>       say '"'name||'","'||email||'",'   /* your extract code goes
dbc> here */
dbc>     end
dbc> END

dbc> CALL Stream book, 'C', 'CLOSE'

dbc> EXIT

Fantastic!  Unfortunately I don't know enough REXX to fill in the
extract code.  Any suggestions?

--
Best regards,
 Patrick                            mailto:phadkins@strangeexcursions.com