[pmmail-list] Re Export Address Book script?

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 07:41:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:01:28 -0600, Treasure Mountain wrote:

>dbc>     if (pos("@", email) <> 0 & book_number = extract ) then do
>dbc>       say '"'name||'","'||email||'",'   /* your extract code goes
>dbc> here */
>dbc>     end
>dbc> END

>Fantastic!  Unfortunately I don't know enough REXX to fill in the
>extract code.  Any suggestions?

Actually I made a mistake it was copied from an email extract routine - the if should be

if(book_number = extract ) then do /* we have an entry with the required book number */

/* depends on what fields you want to output in which order/format
    assuming  CSV then */

  outline = name||","||  /* keep on going like this with ||","|| between each field
                                              the ||","|| concatonates strings. In this case a comma between
                                              fields*/

  rc = LineOut("outfile", outline) /* now write it out - change outfile to where you want it */

END /* end if (book_number = extract ) */

This will be OK as long as there are no linefeeds in "Notes" - Would leave that out to be safe.

HTH

--
Regards

Dave Saville