[pmmail-list] PMMail does not understand MIME format

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:06:00 +0700

Whether it appears depends on the PMMail version and OS.  My PMMail 1.96
for OS/2 shows the "This message is in MIME format. . . . ." text, as it
should because it is the first part of the message.   It properly shows
the next part as an attachment, which one would have to open in another
ap.

PMMail for Windows would show an attachment (e.g. html-formatted e-mail)
instead.   However I refuse such messages as they are notorious virus
vectors.

MIME is not an e-mail format; it is an attachment format.  Correspondents
might properly be warned that they transmit such at their own risk as many
MTAs or MUAs auto-trash such attachments.  See
<http://www.camblab.com/nugget/htmlmail.pdf>

Jeffrey Race