[pmmail-list] PMMail does not understand MIME format

James Moe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 22:43:33 -0700

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:24:07 -0800 "Tim Roberts" <timr@probo.com> wrote:

>>On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 12:03:10 +1300, Simon wrote:
>>
>>>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>>>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>>>
>But that doesn't seem to be the problem here.  PMMail ordinarily has no
>trouble at all with multipart/alternative messages, but it is choosing to
>show this one as if it were not MIME at all.  I've double-checked the MIME
>syntax, and it appears to be quite valid.

   It is correct. And PMMail is showing *exactly* what is in the text/plain
section of the message.

>I don't know what's confusing PMMail about this message.

   PMMail is NOT confused. PMMail is handling this message perfectly.
   What is confusing is the MESSAGE TEXT (see above) at the beginning of the
MESSAGE ITSELF proclaiming a defective mail client. It was part of the
message!
   It is a bit of insensitive buffoonery on that part of the sender.

--
jimoe at sohnen-moe dot com