[pmmail-list] Spell Check

Gene Hoffman pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:02:41 -0600

I was experiencing the same SLOW spell checks that Craig reported.  (Win
XP Pro, PMMail 2000 Pro 2.20.2711).  I was using EZAntivirus 6.1.

I chose to revert to EZ-AV 6.0.  The 6.1 option required excluding files
from the scan; using 6.0 did not.

When reverting from EZ-AV 6.1 to 6.0, I first tried installing 6.0 on
top of 6.1.  The installation didn't report any problems, but when I
rebooted, it couldn't use the license key.  I next removed EZ-AV (remove
program now found two entries), rebooted, then installed EZ-AV 6.0, then
rebooted.

All works OK now.  It's very nice to once again be able to spell check
without going into SLOW mode.

Thanks for your info, Ralph, and for posting the EZ-AV 6.0 install.  It
wasn't on their web page.

Gene