[pmmail-list] Manual Filter to Delete old E-mail

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:33:31 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Has anyone devised or discovered a method of deleting week-old or
month-old e-mail using a /maintenance-free/ manual filter?

Deletion of my day-old e-mail is done by a filter with
[h.Date<"$c.date$"], but I wanted to delete messages older than 1
week or 1 month.
I hoped that
1. the term, current, was indicative of some unknown ones, such as
lastweek, lw, as in $lw.date$
 or
2. that a subtraction or negative number could be used as in
$c.date.sub7d$ or $c.date.-7$
 or
3. that someone had used @today as in $@today-7$
 but no luck so far.

Has anyone a suggestion or solution to my quandary, other than the
obvious one of using an expression, e.g. "2003-11-12", and editing it
on a  daily basis?

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
"It's okay to laugh in the bedroom, but don't point."
   - Chuck McKinnis - IBM Sr. Systems Engineer (Ret.)
       http://pws.prserv.net/mckinnis/