[pmmail-list] Filter for Absence of "To" Header

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:44:33 +0100

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:27:02 -0500 (EST), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>>·>Does anyone had a filter to initiate an action based on the absence of
>>·>the "To" header?
>>·>The purpose of the filter was to move any returned receipts to a
>>·>separate folder, rather than...
>>·
>>·Just looked into this the other day. From the pmm help-file:
>
>I didn't find this information in the Help for PMMail/2 and concluded
>that it is in the one for PMMail 2000.

Yupp. it is. But I guess the script language is the same.

>>·>How do I filter SPAM?
>>·>
>>·>Lately most SPAMmers have begun sending their junk mail as BCC (blind carbon copy).   In this method of sending your name never appears in the TO:
>>·> or CC: field of the message.  This method of sending actually makes it quite easy to filter messages of this sort.
>>·> ...
>>·>The filter is a complex one and can be pasted into PMMail as is:
>>·>
>>·>!(header.to="$c.acctid$" | h.cc="$c.acctid$" | h.Resent-To="$c.acctid$" | h.Apparently-To="$c.acctid$")
>
>So this filter is looking for the absence of the e-mail address
>associated with the active account and if true, performs the chosen
>action.  I suppose that this filter is useful as a catchall, if placed
>after the ones for mailing lists, etc. and just before the filter for
>personal e-mail.

I have it as the last one in my filter list. 8-)

>>·>Then check the INCOMING box and set the actions you wish to perform on the messages it catches.
>>·
>>·Helpful?
>
>Sorry, it is not what I need, but thanks for the suggestion.  However,
>the filter mentioned in my reply to Steve & Ronny, !h="To: ", coupled
>with & b="Return Receipt", seems to do the job so far.

Yeah, saw them later.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer		Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,		Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,			Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden		Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# It's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem caused the Dark
Ages.