[pmmail-list] Re:Naive question Naive question Re: Nai ve question

Treasure Mountain pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:42:50 -0600

On Thursday, November 27, 2003, 8:01:35 AM, you wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:05:04 -0500
> From: "Utsav Ratti" <utsav@utsav.org>
> Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] Naive question

> Given this rather sad state of affairs, it's been
> crossing my mind more often recently that perhaps it
> is time to look at alternatives.  I love PMMail--have
> been using it since the first OS/2 version--and I
> have custom scripts tied into it that rely on the
> address books being in text format. This would
> probably be the most difficult piece to migrate.

I just jumped ship for The Bat 2.01.3(http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/ ,  http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/FAQ.html), after using PMMail for the past 9 years or so, first under OS/2 then (reluctantly) under Windows. It has very powerful filtering, templates, and regex support, but I'm not as comfortable with it yet as with PMMail.  I'm still trying to find all of the settings to get it functioning the way I want, but it looks like it'll suit my needs for the next n years.  Most importantly, it's being actively developed.  My decision was finalized when this list started coming from Deadlist instead of Jimmy.  (I haven't seen anyone comment on that here.)

I plan to stick around here for the duration, to see what happens, and want to thank you guys for all the help you've provided over the years.
--
Best wishes,

Pat