[pmmail-list] Enhancement request

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:35:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:08:29 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:56:53 -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:
>
>>Carl this does not work the way the OP wants and I quite agree that the default is very cumbersome.
>>
>>When you right click on the folder and pick FIND (actually what shows on the menu is "search messages"
>>the search dialog displays the entire PMMail folder.  You have to browse to the folder you want to search
>>which _should_ be the active folder.
>
>I'm confused. When I right click on a folder and chose "Search
>Messages", the "Look in" field is the folder I clicked on, which is
>also the highlighted folder when I click on it. I see you are running
>2711 under Win98, and I'm running 2717 under Win2K, so that might be a
>difference. Or am I not understanding?
>
>CTRL+F or Tools/Search Messages, on the other hand seems to default to
>the folder that you searched last (rather than the current folder),
>which to me seems wrong.

Well, I am using PMMail for OS/2, so I do not see exactly the same
thing you do.  BUT, using the Right-Click, I get the 'Search Messages'
dialog with the folder that I clicked on in the 'Look In' field.  There
is a check box to indicate if the search is to look in all lower level
subdirectories.

Ctrl-F [and this is the same as the Tools menu item] is the way to
search the entire account.  In fact, this is the ONLY way to go right
to the search of the whole account.  [Right clicking on the account
folder does not give a Find/Search menu item.  I rather wish it did.]

>From my perspective, the current approach provides the best of both
worlds.  Think of it as two different tools that just happen to have
the same starting dialog box.

Carl