[pmmail-list] Ultra simple junk email filter

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:09:52 -0400

Hi Dave,

I should have added that almost all emails I receive without my name
use my email address instead in the To: field.  In other words they
look like, "davejones@xyz.com" <davejones@xyz.com>.  That's why unless
your name is used in the To: field (Dave Jones) you can use the space
between the names as the key for your filter to discriminate between
your name and your email address.

There are also various filter flags you can use to create a filter.
For instance, the -s tag lets you create a case sensitive.  The filter
!(h.to.-s="Dave") would only trigger if the dave was not spelled with a
capital D".  Some other flags that can be used are -e to match a whole
word (or exact match), -b to match the beginning of a string (e.g.
WORD*) and -z to match the end of a string (e.g. *WORD).

Ralph