[pmmail-list] [nospam] Ultra simple junk email filter

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:15:03 -0400

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:57:34 -0400, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:

>My Baysian filter pretty much junks anything that
>contains a lot of HTML tags as SPAM. Because it is
>a Byasian filter, it meanst that I did not intentionally
>cause this, the spammers did! I sure hope that it is
>doing a good job, because I filter about 60 e-mails each
>day to the spam bucket and I do not have time to verify
>each of them....

Hi Andrew,

In my particular situation, I have to be careful not to accidently
discard any email that I should have read simply because it contains a
lot of HTML code.  I receive inquiries from customers and potential
customers all over the world who use a wide variety of email clients,
many of which default to sending HTML email.  So unfortunately,
automatically discarding HTML heavy email is not an option for me.  I
have read a lot of good things about Baysian filters, though, and one
of these days I'd like to run a trial using it on another account.

Ralph