[pmmail-list] Strange character substitutions

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:53:10 -0500 (EST)

I have tried several different Locale settings for Default Character
Set and none seem to be fully satisfactory.  Currently I have US ASCII,
but I have tried all three ISO-n [Latin-n] settings as well.

The primary problem is primarily quotes and apost characters.  They all
get translated to wierd graphics that make the text difficult to read.
	e.g., With US ASCII, an apost is showing as:
	Of course, since I do not know what any one else sees for
	an apost, the above example is:
	    apost/graphic/apost
	followed by:
	    left-square-bracket/X/apost/92/apost/right-square-bracket

What is the correct setting to have simple, common characters like
apost and quotes displayed correctly?

Thanks,
Carl