[pmmail-list] filters not sounding

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:47:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:34:12 -0800, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi list, this is the second time since last week that this has
>happened, and wonder if anybody knows of a reason for this?  I'm using
>pm mail version 2717, and sometimes when I start pm mail, when messages
>come in, the filters do not sound, as I have different sounds assigned
>to each folder that regularly receives messages, and the only way I
>know to correct this is to shut down pm mail, and re-start it.  Does
>anybody know why the filters won't load with pm mail does, with this
>windows 98 se, system with 192 megs of ram and a 400 megs processor,
>and 2717 of pm mail?  Thanks for any help you can give.
>Marty

Marty,

While I am using the OS/2 2010 PMMail/2, the issue may be similar...  I
also have a couple of filters that are supposed to sound.  What I have
found is that the volume from filters is VERY LOW!  The same sound
file, executed other than via PMMail filters, is at the correct volume.

Don't know if this helps, but you may want to play with your volume
control and see if that makes a difference.

Carl