[pmmail-list] Major surprise - blank messages

Phil Morgan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:16:28 -0400

I'm sending this to solicit help and understanding with a problem that
appeared out of nowhere (possibly just after installing an Windows
security update but 1000s of you must've done that without a problem).
This is written on my laptop because of the problem with PMMail/W on my
desktop machine.

The problem is that I can no longer see the content of messages in
the preview pane or when I double click on one to open it.   The
subject, to or from, dates, etc. are still there - everything but the
content in the message pane.   It's blank in all accounts, all
messages - sent or received.

Something is seriously wrong (though I hope it's easy to fix).
Re-indexng
all messages in an account or folder has no effect.  I checked in the
DOS window for the presence of the messages in text form under the
account/folders under PMMAIL and they're there and quite readable
but impractical to navigate to find anything since they're only
identifiable
by date without opening each one.

Has anyone any idea how to restore the ability of PMMail/W to display
these messages within the program as it normally does?

Thanks,
 - - Phil Morgan

P.S. I'm running PMMail Pro for Windows -version/build 2.20.2717 under
Windows XP Pro SP1.