[pmmail-list] Major surprise - blank messages

Phil Morgan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:01:35 -0400

Give this man a gold star!   Steve, you da' man!   I checked for a temp
directory under PMMail and there was none ... Apparently, for reasons
as yet unknown (It IS running under Windows after all, so I shouldn't
be surprised), the temp directory had gotten converted to a file ... I
deleted the "temp" file and created a "Temp" directory and everything
is working perfectly again.   There's just just no substitute for
knowing how a program is supposed to work as a basis for
troubleshooting its behavior.   Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Thanks also to all the others who offered their suggestions trying to
help.

 - -  Phil

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:49:05 -0400, Stephen Eickhoff wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:11:03 -0400, Phil Morgan wrote:
>
>>I checked the partition with PMMail/W on it and found 30 Mb
>>remaining originally... since then I cleared out some stuff
>>unrelated to PMMail/W and increased it to 185Mb free.
>>So I don't think that is a factor ... I have run out before, and
>>always got a message from PMMail telling me that messages
>>could not be downloaded because of insufficient space.
>>Here, I can download fine, just can't view the messages in
>>PMMail/W anymore.
>
>Make sure the PMMail 2000\temp folder exists. If it does, open a message and
>see if the temp.bod and temp.rtf are being written correctly. They should
>contain the text in the message. If they aren't there, then you might have some
>sort of file system problem- just a guess.

*  *
                               Phil Morgan

                      pmorgan@ATTglobal.net

>From Windows XP Pro (Windows "as it should have been")

*  *
         Please post all replies under this message.