[pmmail-list] Major surprise - blank messages

Daniel Clark pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:47:54 -0700

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:31:21 -0400, Phil Morgan wrote:

>>I tried reinstalling without uninstalling as one of the first things
>>and it had no effect ...
>>BTW, FWIW, I can dual boot this machine to W2Kpro as an alternative OS.
>>I tried that last night and found the same behavior in that OS which
>>uses the
>>same directory and data as is used in the XPP OS ... seems to exonerate
>>the possibility of any files installed to the System32 or other OS
>>directories as being
>>corrupted... what ever the problem, it must be in the PMMail directory
>>or its subs.

I had similar problems with version 2717 on windows NT 4.0

Re-install did not work (twice).  Running the application from another machine did not work.

RegClean (for windows) did not work either.

I used the External eternal editor for some time (notepad), but even that started failing.

Insert #$(*&#$*&  here !

So I copied the entire PMMAIL directory and did 3 backups (just so murphys law didn't catch up with me.)

I manually moved all my email accounts to another directory out of the path.

Un-installed PMMAIL.

Re-installed PMMAIL (and unlock code).

Manually moved the accounts back under PMMAIL directory, and whaaa-la !!!    Works again.

I suspect the PMMAIL.INI file got corrupted, because if I move the original .INI file back into the PMMAIL directory.    No Workie Again.

Good Luck.

Oh .... and I email "support" for help in getting my Unlock code back.   Still haven't heard from them.   Bad Service.

Daniel