[pmmail-list] Can't access PMMailW from browser - new problem

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:58:23 -0500

This relates to PMMail 2000 v. 2.20.2717 running on Win 2000 Pro, SP2.

May be OT, but beginning yesterday I cannot send email from websites.  Until then worked perfectly.  Now when I opt to
contact someone via email from a website I get a popup screen requiring me to "Choose Profile.  The option is for
"Microsoft Outlook Internet Profile".  MS Outlook would be the last thing I would want to use for my email. If don't accept I
have to configure another.  If I don't configure another or if I click on the MS Outlook option then get error message: "The
MAPI Spooler could not be started.  Close and restart all mail enabled applications.  MAPI 1.0 [000004C7]"  So I close that
window and get another that says "Mail Program unable to send email".

What is going on???  I'm betting somebody out there knows what this means.

If not and further is needed, the only recent changes that might have a bearing on the problem are that I reinstalled PMMailW
to the D: drive (NTFS) from another drive. I noticed the problem for the first time after that move.  (I made some changes in
the Registry, but none that I would think would be the culprit.  Anyway, at that point, Norton Firewall refused to let PMMail, or
IE or anything else access the new (although I was connected via dial-up)  so I deleted and reinstalled the firewall.  That
cured the connection problem, but did not cure the email from webpage problem.

 Oh, and I have already checked Registry to make sure
 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blueprint Software Works\PMMail -> Shell Directory
key points to the location of stored messages.  Used same INI file as used before the PMMail move and also created a
new INI file inputting the registration code, etc.

Please someone point me to a solution. TIA

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA
eCS and Win2k Pro
what a combination