[pmmail-list] Can't access PMMailW from browser - new problem

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:12:35 -0700

Hi, Hazen, don't know about windows 2000, but in windows 98 se, under
internet options, in the programs tab, there should be a combo box and
in there, choose pm mail, and then press the ok button, and see if that
helps you.  On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:58:23 -0500, Hazen Woods wrote:

>This relates to PMMail 2000 v. 2.20.2717 running on Win 2000 Pro, SP2.
>
>May be OT, but beginning yesterday I cannot send email from websites.  Until then worked perfectly.  Now when I opt to
>contact someone via email from a website I get a popup screen requiring me to "Choose Profile.  The option is for
>"Microsoft Outlook Internet Profile".  MS Outlook would be the last thing I would want to use for my email. If don't accept I
>have to configure another.  If I don't configure another or if I click on the MS Outlook option then get error message: "The
>MAPI Spooler could not be started.  Close and restart all mail enabled applications.  MAPI 1.0 [000004C7]"  So I close that
>window and get another that says "Mail Program unable to send email".
>
>What is going on???  I'm betting somebody out there knows what this means.
>
>If not and further is needed, the only recent changes that might have a bearing on the problem are that I reinstalled PMMailW
>to the D: drive (NTFS) from another drive. I noticed the problem for the first time after that move.  (I made some changes in
>the Registry, but none that I would think would be the culprit.  Anyway, at that point, Norton Firewall refused to let PMMail, or
>IE or anything else access the new (although I was connected via dial-up)  so I deleted and reinstalled the firewall.  That
>cured the connection problem, but did not cure the email from webpage problem.
>
> Oh, and I have already checked Registry to make sure
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blueprint Software Works\PMMail -> Shell Directory
>key points to the location of stored messages.  Used same INI file as used before the PMMail move and also created a
>new INI file inputting the registration code, etc.
>
>Please someone point me to a solution. TIA
>
>Hazen Woods
>Austin, TX USA
>eCS and Win2k Pro
>what a combination
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Marty