[pmmail-list] can't delete from remote control

Lazer7 pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:48:32 +1000

Hi,
As a lot of viruses have been comming my way of late, I have been trying to delete the infected messages from the remote server before they reach
my system.  Nortons seems to catch them when they arrive but prevention seems to be better than a cure.

Anyway, after pressing F4 and going into "Remote Control" the pressing of ctrl-L displays a list of messages waiting to be transferred. It is possible
to mark desired messages and transfer them but undesired messages are a problem.

Pressing control - D on a message will mark it for deletion but the pressing of the delete key has no affect.

I thought it may be my provider not allowing me to delete messages directly from their system but this is not the case. A call to their help line gave
me details of how  to go to their site and accomplish many tasks including deletions.

This I have just done but find it a bit of a trial when it should be able to be accomplished in Pmmail.

Anyone got any suggestions here?

Thanks
John.