[pmmail-list] Size matters!

Scott E. Garfinkle pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:21:48 -0500

>There is a glitch in the recent PMMail Win betas which cause it to
>throw up an error whenever attempting to save a filter using the m.size
>tag.  However, existing filters using m.size continue to work and new
>ones can be created by first creating a filter that uses a bogus filter
>like "h='joe" to performs the actions you want and then manually
>editing that filter in the FILTERS.LST file and substituting the m.size
>filter action instead.  Here's the format for the m.size filter in the
>FILTERS.LST file where the size of the message is >120000 bytes: m.size>"12000"

I went in with kahei's AXE hexeditor (shameless plug) and put the size restriction
in,  but it doesn't work. Incidentally, the problem is at least as far back as 2380, which
is the oldest copy of pmm2k I have. I'm now running 2717 (yes, 2710 was a typo).
I've received about 3000-4000 of these damned worms (or, actually, my wife has --
for some reason, my email IDs have been free of them).

	-Scott