[pmmail-list] Spam software

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:11:43 -0400

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:14:03 +1000, Andrew Z wrote:

>What do people here use with PMMail inorder to filter out spam email?
>I'm using the windows version.

I seem to be in the minority, but I filter out spam email using
PMMail's filters.  I receive a couple hundred emails a day and my
effectiveness of catching spam is > 99%.  My filter list starts out
with a series of whitelist filters for different newsgroups and
recognized vendors that sends each message to an appropriate folder.
Next I have a whitelist filter that directs all of the emails from
other recognized addresses into my inbox.  My final filter sends
everything that's left into a Junk folder.  A couple times a day I'll
skim though the message list of the Junk folder to see if anything
ended up in there that shouldn't have.  If I find something, I adjust a
whitelist filter accordingly so that future emails are directed to the
correct folder.  Everything else gets dumped in the trash.

Ralph Cohen