[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:09:12 -0700

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:39:24 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>Well, if a potential of 20 Million OS/2 users* is not a nice base to
>start with, then they are doomed to fail anyhow.

I can believe there are 20 million computers running OS/2, but a
substantial number of them are embedded systems such as ATMs, brokerage
systems, factory automation, ticketing machines, and so on, that do not
run a PM GUI and thus are not targets for PMMail.

I'm not the Gartner Group, of course, but I'd wager that the number of
OS/2 desktops is less than a tenth of that figure.
--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.