[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:49:53 -0400

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:09:12 -0700, Tim Roberts wrote:

>I'm not the Gartner Group, of course, but I'd wager that the number of
>OS/2 desktops is less than a tenth of that figure.
>--

I'd have to agree ... if you don't count the ATMs or other
embedded stuff, you'd have a hard time getting even close
to 20 million.  Perhaps if you counted the desktops sitting
on Goodwill's shelves or in the dump you could get a big
number, but it's hard to call those "stranded users".

You also probably shouldn't count my (still plugged in, but
seldom turned on) 486 Aptiva that's still running a
pre-Warp OS/2 as "stranded" either.  I just keep it around
as a curiosity :-).

SteveB