[pmmail-list] Reading Word Attachments with SmartSuite

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

  I am a long-time user of the OS/2 version of PMMail (PMMail/2).

  I have no problem opening and reading text, PDF, and JPG attachments.

  Occasionally, some benighted soul will send me a Word attachment
  (.DOC suffix), which the program will not open even though I have
  the MIME Settings set to call d:\SMARTSUITE\WORDPRO\WORDPRO.EXE %s
  (where %s ix the file name).  This is the command that will bring up
  the program and open the file from an OS/2 command-line window and
  is exactly parallel to the entries which successfully open PDF and
  JPG files.

  The work-around is that I have to save the attached file as a .DOC
  file in some TEMP directory. call up WordPro from the desktop, and
  then open the file within same.

  Has anyone been successful in setting PMMail/2 to open such Word
  .DOC attachments with SmartSuite WordPro within PMMail/2?

  WTIA

--
   Phil Kane

   From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest