[pmmail-list] default mailer

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:46:47 -0500

When I raised same question in 2002, Brandon replied as follows:

 "I assume that you are able to open PMMail from
 Netscape and/or IE, it simply will not open into the correct directory.
 Correct? You should be able to accomplish this by editing the Windows
 2000 to point to the location of your stored messages. Open 'regedit'
 from the 'Run' menu and navigate to the following key:

 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blueprint Software Works\PMMail

 >From here you need to set the ShellDirectory key to point to your
 PMMail files folder. Close regedit, and attempt clicking on a link. "

Worked for me.

Regards,

Hazen

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:45:44 +0200, Vertaalbureau de Vos wrote:

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I am having a curious problem. I have been using PMMail for years, and it is my
>>daily mail environment. I never had any real problems. I even got Windows to
>>accept it as my default mailer ;-)  although this needed some tweaking (with
>>checking if it is the default mailer set on in configuration settings, I get an
>>error message about an icon file (???) not being found, had to go into the
>>registry).
>>
>>When I try to send a message from a web page (mailto:) PMMail duly opens, but I
>>get a wizard saying that I don't have any accounts defined, and my regular
>>accounts have disappeared. I let it run to completion once, i.e. I defined a
>>new account, but no mail compose window was opened. I also cannot find the new
>>account anywhere on my drives.
>>
>>How can I get PMMail to operate correctly under these conditions?
>>
>>Thanks for any help.
>>
>>--
>>yours sincerely,
>>
>>Paul D.J. de Vos
>>

>>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>>with the first line of the message body being...

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX USA
eCS and Win XP Pro
what a combination