[pmmail-list] piculiar problem

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:36:56 -0700

Hi list, just thought I'd write, and ask about this, because I got a
message about my web site, that had some broken links, according to the
person's message, when in actuality, they weren't broken, but the
strange thing is, that when ever I reply to his message, or send a new
message to him after adding it to my address book, the messages send,
and sometime later, I get the default windows sound, and when I read
the message, it says unable to resolve pop host name, even though the
messages had already been sent to the address at optonline.net, so I
wrote the person, and guessed that his email was in upper case, which
might cause this problem, but I've also noticed, that ever since
sending the initial messages to him, that when sending, it takes about
4 or 5 seconds to resolve the pop host name, and is this connected with
anything, or, is this just coincidence?  I did upgrade back to version
2717, but I've never seen this before, and if the address were
incorrect, I wouldn't have been able to send any messages to the
address, as they would have remained in the outbox, and I'd have to
consult the error log to find out what was happening.  Just curious
about this, and hope it's nothing serious.

Marty